Weekend Recap


Hello again!  How are you?  How were your weekends? Excellent, I hope!  Our weekend was one of the best weekends and I'm feeling so very warm and fuzzy as a result.  Some highlights include ::

  • Chicago visitors!!!  Some of our bestest friends came in for a weekend visit and it was glorious.  The time flew by unfortunately (as it always does) but we made the most of it.
  • Pizza + wine/beer + fire.  Oh yes.  So.  Cozy.
  • Morning coffee + chats.  I can't get enough!
  • Baby shower - only two more months to go until we meet the newest addition to our extended family.  
  • Champagne + euchre = perfection (except for losing to the boys)
  • MY PARENTS!!  They arrived safely and right in time for dinner!  
  • Tofurkey roast/pot roast dinner.  It was so tasty and so awesome to have the dinner table completely full with so many of my all-time favorite people.  
  • Taboo night - Taboo is super fun with teams of 3, let me tell you.  Us girls totally ruled that one.
  • Apple pancake brunch - a great way to send off the friends.  
  • Bears victory!
  • Delicious manicotti followed by some awesome r n' r.  I love weekends.

It's good to be back, it's good to be with family and it's good to be excited about Thanksgiving!  Here's to a wonderful week ahead!

23 comments:

colleen November 21, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

I hope you have a lovely week too - you definitely got a good start on it. The pizza, wine and fire spins perfect, too.

Jaime @ laviejaime November 21, 2011 at 8:07 AM  

sounds like a great weekend! I love taboo too- my family and i play every xmas eve. Catchphrase too.

Leslie November 21, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

What a wonderful weekend!

The Olive Tree Blog November 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

all that food...sounds like my kind of weekend!

Silver Strands November 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Sounds so fun. I LOVE Taboo - really, I love most games. Have you played the card game "Run Wild"? lots of fun.
oxox

Erin November 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Wow. sounds like a great weekend!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket November 21, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

so jealous of your weekend :) apple pancake brunch count me in.

Gloria November 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Your weekends always sound like so much fun! Glad you're getting in so much time with friends and fam :-)

A Crimson Kiss November 21, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

This sounds like such a warm, wonderful weekend-my toes are curling just thinking about it!

Amber November 21, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

I havent played Taboo in forever. That game is such a blast especially when accompanied by a few drinks :)

Nikki November 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

I didn't know you were in the windy city! My girlfriend is getting married there next fall. I've been researching lots of stuff there. Can't wait to visit!

April November 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Sounds like a really wonderful weekend!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION November 21, 2011 at 5:47 PM  

I love that pillow! And un..Taboo is the best game! Glad you enjoyed your weekend girlie xo

Michelle November 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

Your weekends always sound so great!

Unknown November 21, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

what an amazing weekend :) pizza, wine, fire, friends, family, games... YAY!!! sounds perfect! xoxoxo brynn

Johanna November 22, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Welcome back! Your weekends always sound so yummy. Have a fabulous holiday!

Natalie November 22, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

What a perfect weekend! Taboo is the BEST game ever, love it!

Grace (The Stripe) November 22, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend... (and what is better than pizza + beer... just something delish about the combo!) Happy (almost!) Thanksgiving!!

chanel November 22, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Apple Pancakes...yes please! I love that pillow too!

xo chanel
http://bywayofney.blogspot.com/

Greetings from Texas! November 23, 2011 at 11:28 AM  

Just discovered your blog. Love it as I recently moved from Chicago! Da Bears! Check out mine if you get a chance!
www.megansilianoff.blogspot.com

Mercedes December 9, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

Wow, you're weekend sounds amazing! Full of activities, and fun ones at that. It vaguely reminds me of my home. We're all very family oriented and have game nights at least once a month. With the holidays approaching, I wanted to mix it up so I purchased a Spinning Wheel to do some trivia instead of our usual Monopoly or Scrabble. I think they'll be ecstatic! If your family likes to play different games for prizes, I think they'd love it to and it would be a nice alternative! Happy Holidays to you all!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails