Weekend Recap


What a week! I think I am alone on this one but a part of me is slightly relieved it's Monday.  But let's pretend I didn't really just say that.  You see, I had a very wonderful week, full of the 3 most important f's = family, friends and food.  For over a week, we had family and friends staying at our house, keeping us company and full of warmth.  But now Monday is here, we are back to our same ole routine and the kitty can peacefully sleep in his favorite spot(s).  Normalcy has returned and I'm feeling thankful for both warm and fuzzies and also normalcy, sweet normalcy.  

Some highlights of the last week include ::

  • Games! We played so many we lost count.  I won pretty much all of them, and that is fun to admit.  
  • Bourbon's Bistro! We treated my folks to a gourmet Kentucky meal for my mom's birthday.  All of our food was prepared with bourbon, naturally.  We ate with smiles on our faces and laughed about the Scotty Davenport show being filmed behind us.  
  • Birthday karaoke!  Our friend Alex turned the big 3-0 and to celebrate, we all put ourselves out there and jammed some karaoke tunes to a broad audience.  It was pretty fun, needless to say.
  • TURKEY DAY! Holy me oh my was Thanksgiving good.  My mister is seriously the best person ever.  He woke up and started churning out one success after another.  By the time I woke up and had my coffee, mostly everything was done or in the oven.  I was impressed.  We successfully hosted one of the best Thanksgivings of my life and I am so thankful for that.  I'm also so very thankful for so many things - but most importantly for every single person that was there that day.  How great is it that both the mister and I's folks are fun for our friends to be around?!
  • Mammoth Cave + Jim Beam Distillery Tour!  We trekked down south and embraced my stepdads geology love.  We walked through a mammoth cave and stared in awe at all the beauty. It all blows me away!  Jim Beam was on the way home and what better way to end your stay in Kentucky than to tour a distillery!  We took a quick tour and sampled two of their top shelf bourbons.  
  • My folks left early Saturday morning so we spent the remainder of our weekend with visiting friends.  
  • Vegging on the couch.  It was truly needed.  Such a great way to end such a crazy good week.

How were your holidays? I'd love to hear!  Again, congrats to Erin for winning the Shabby Apple giveaway! And hello to all of my new followers - so excited to meet you!

Last, if you live in Louisville - don't forget to go to Proof on Main tomorrow to meet myself and Alison of {long distance loving}!  Sign up here!

25 comments:

Stephanie November 28, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

It sounds like you had a fantastic holiday weekend! Why do they have to end?

Johanna November 28, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

I kinda hear you on taking a break from Turkey Day. It can be intense at times and sometimes routine is welcome. That and eating less! Have a good one!

Katie November 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

So THAT'S what's tomorrow. I woke up thinking I had something to remember...and I never signed up. I just emailed Alison.

It sounds like you had a great holiday, but I definitely get the relief at the calm of returning to routine. I feel the same way.

Morgan November 28, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

I love that quote! And kareoke? An awesome way to spend any evening! :)

Jenny N November 28, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

Mammoth Cave! We used to go there about once a year. Its so fun! and...Mammoth. :)

rooth November 28, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

That sounds really fun and your husband sounds very wonderful!

Mandy Crandell November 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

What a wonderful holiday! Glad you enjoyed it. Mine was filled with quality time with my nieces.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

jeanette from everton terrace November 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

Ours was also full of games, as always. I was not the winner every time like you. LOVE the message in the first photo - couldn't agree more :)

Mal November 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

That is such a great quote!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

The Olive Tree Blog November 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

so glad you had a great weekend! I had to prepare the turkey...that didn't mix well with this preggo girl..I almost became a vegetarian...lol..then my husband came home and came to the rescue:)

Stephanie November 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. I love that quote you used!

Amanda Jane Jones November 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

congrats to erin! glad you had a lovely holiday

Alexa November 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

Dude that tour sounds amazing! Glad you had a festive holiday and I know what you mean about getting back to reality!

Val Fox November 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

That quote is so very true! Love it! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and now you can relax! I always say you need another vacation just to recover from vacation!=D

Gloria November 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

What an awesome husband you have! And you can never go wrong with birthday karaoke - I know from personal experience :-)

Amber November 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

I'm going to pretend you didnt say you're happy about Monday :) Your holiday sounds like it was perfect. Any time spent karaokeing is good time spent.

Miss Amy November 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

I had veggies while vegging on the couch! Relaxing and detoxing!! :)

Leslie November 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

I really love that quote. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving break. :)

Summer-Claire November 28, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend :) I definitely understand how Monday can come as a relief, family weekends are lovely but exhausting! There's nothing like routine to make you feel more human again after a holiday.

shellie November 28, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

what a great weekend and i missed your giveaway lady....im sooooo mad at myself. next time right?

A Crimson Kiss November 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful week! I'm only glad it's Monday because this terrible cold is finally passing me by!

henning love November 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM  

congrats on winning the dress erin! looks like you had a terrific thanksgiving!!

Kat November 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

sounds like you had a wonderful thanksgiving! :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Elle Sees November 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

i did birthday karaoke and LOVED it

this free bird November 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

Amen lady that sign says it all. What a fab weekend you had...the less drama the better IMO. xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails